Star of Honolulu - Premier Whale Watch & Lunch
This is the ultimate Oahu whale watch package offered by Star of Honolulu. Cruise along Waikiki Beach, watch whales frolic in the warm waters, and enjoy a delicious buffet lunch! This whale watch adventure also includes a whale presentation by marine naturalists, a hydrophone to listen to the whales underwater, a program for kids, and hands-on Hawaiian cultural activities, including ukulele and hula lessons.
Whale sightings are guaranteed on this Oahu whale watch cruise. In case no whales are seen during the cruise, you will receive a free return whale check (meal and transportation optional).
Lunch Buffet Menu:
- USDA Choice Top Round Grade Roast Beef, Alaea Salt Crusted
- Au Jus and Creamy Horseradish
- Teriyaki Chicken
- Citrus Miso Glazed White Fish
- Broccoli and Imitation Crab Salad
- Miso Tofu Salad*
- Caesar Salad*
- Sweet Bread Croutons
- Parmesan Cheese and Dressing
- Island-Style Macaroni Salad with Okinawan Sweet Potato
- Fried Saimin
- White Rice*
- Macadamia Nut Rolls and Poi Rolls by Elvin’s Bakery® with Sweet Butter
- Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Freshly Baked In-House Chocolate Brownies
- Guava Chiffon Cake
- Fresh Seasonal Tropical Fruit Platter*
- Freshly Brewed STAR’s Custom Kona Blend Coffee by Hawaiian Paradise Coffee®, Tea and Fruit Punch
*Vegan selections. Grilled vegan garden patty also available with 24 hours notice.
- Custom-built 232’ Star of Honolulu is Hawaii’s largest
- 1,500-passenger tour vessel
- 3 types of stabilizers for smooth sailing
- Hawaii’s only A.D.A. compliant ship
- 2 elevators
- 4 spacious decks
- 6 beautiful dining rooms and private lounges
- Bars and restrooms
- 60’ high observation sun deck.
Star of Honolulu
Whale Watching off Waikiki
- Where and When:
- Check-in is at 11:15 am. Cruise is from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm.
Location: Honolulu Harbor, Pier 8 View Map
Self-parking is available at the parking lot in front of Pier #8 - Irwin Park. Present your parking ticket upon check-in at the Star of Honolulu Reservations Office to validate and receive a reduced parking fee.
Roundtrip transportation from major Waikiki and Kahala hotels is available as an add-on.
- Operation Days:
- Operates daily from January 2 through April 5.
- 2.5 hours
- Star of Honolulu
- 1,500 passengers
- The Star of Honolulu is a 232-foot, 4-deck cruise ship with a 1,500-passenger capacity. She is equipped with stabilizers, accessible facilities, elevators and a 60-foot high observation/sun deck with reclining chairs.
- There are no specific restrictions for this activity.
- Special Notes:
- Receive a free return whale check until a whale is sighted (meal and transportation optional).